I have been wanting to build our own home for so time now.
I have saved up for years to build our own home, and I was finally able to start about fourteen weeks ago. Everything is finished except for a few things on the hour floor. I have always wanted an open floor system downstairs, and that is exactly what I ended up going with. The residing room, kitchen, and family room are all a single sizable space. To me, having a fireplace in the residing room makes it guess more homey. I did not want to have to deal with splitting wood and bringing it into the home though, so I decided to go with a weird kind of fireplace. I looked at a few electric a singles plus some propane fireplaces. The propane fireplaces claimed to be cheaper and better quality, so I went with a propane a single. I had it installed about two weeks ago, and I have been using it since then. My mom came over the other morning, and as soon as she walked into the house, she started dry heaving. I asked her what was wrong, and she said that she odored an absolutely strong fish odor. I told her that I did not make any seafood since I moved into the house. I looked all over the kitchen to try and figure out where the fish odor was coming from. My mom went near the propane fireplace, and she said that the odor was strongest there. I then realized that she was odoring propane. She hates the odor of propane so much that I have to tear out our propane furnace and replace it with an electric a single.